Regina Scott started writing novels in the third grade. Thankfully for literature as we know it, she didn't actually sell her first Regency romance novel until she had learned a bit more about writing such as vocabulary, sentence structure, and plot. After numerous short stories and articles in magazines and trade journals, she got serious about her novel writing. The Regency romance The Unflappable Miss Fairchild was her first novel to be published (March 1998). In 2011, she was delighted to move into Christian romance with the publication of The Irresistible Earl. October 2019 marked her debut for prestigious publisher Revell. Her novels have been translated into Dutch, German, Italian, and Portuguese; and a large number have been issued in hardcover, large print editions.
Her books have won praise and awards from industry professionals and readers alike. She has twice won the prestigious RT Book Reviews Reviewer's Choice award for best historical Christian romance of its type, for The Heiress's Homecoming in 2013 and Would-Be Wilderness Wife in 2015. Booklist, the magazine of the American Library Association, named her book, A Distance Too Grand, one of the top ten romances of 2019. Never Doubt a Duke, the first book in her bestselling Fortune's Brides series, was picked by staffers at Hope by the Book as one of the best reads of 2018. And, in 2022, she hit the Publisher's Weekly Bestseller List in the Religious category for a reprint of Would-Be Wilderness Wife.
Regina Scott and her husband are the parents of two grown sons. They reside in the Puget Sound area of Washington State on the way to Mt. Rainier. Regina Scott is a graduate of the University of Washington. She comes by her writing talent naturally--both her parents were excellent writers in their vocations as teacher and electrical technician. Her mother envisioned the plot for A Match for Mother the novella, which was written as a tribute to her.
Regina Scott has learned to fence, driven four-in-hand, dressed as a Regency dandy, and sailed on a tall ship, all in the name of research, of course. Her extensive historical, fantasy, and science fiction costume collection takes up the entire closet in her office.
She has been featured a number of places including the following:
- Books Radar, Books in the Right Order
- The Poisoned Pen Podcast on The Emperor's Aeronaut, with Shelley Adina
- The Steampunk Explorer with Shelley Adina
- Fresh Fiction, on the Character Most Likely
- Because Fiction Podcast with Chautona Havig
- Simply Stories Podcast with Emily Humphries
- Write Now Workshop Podcast with Kitty Bucholtz
- Historical Fiction: Unpacked, with Alison Treat for Nothing Short of Wondrous and for A View Most Glorious
- Behind Today's Books with Dottie Barnes
- The Poisoned Pen Podcast on Nothing Short of Wonderous and her love of Regency romances
- The Poisoned Pen Podcast on A View Most Glorious
- Family Fiction
- Adventures Underground Blog
- Bestselling author Vanessa Riley's blog
- Reading Is My Superpower
- Bestselling author Ella Quinn's blog
- Novel PASTimes
- Petticoats and Pistols blog
- Beloved author Lesley-Anne McLeod's blog
- Beloved author Donna Hatch's blog